Wednesday 22 September 2010

I'm not safe ....

... to be left on my own at the moment!  After my idiocy the day before yesterday, I remade those blocks yesterday and they're fine.  But ....

I then went back to another project I had started and got it wrong again yesterday.  This project involved printing some hexagons from the internet with 2" sides, cutting some cardboard at 2" x 4" , sewing hexies together, covering the card pieces and inserting them into the hexie "tube" I had made.  All went well until that last bit.  There was no way the card pieces would fit.  No matter what I did.  I went to bed.  Got up this morning, measured the card pieces, yep definitely 2" x 4".  Puzzled over it a bit, then thought I'd just check the hexies.  You're all there already aren't you?  You're right, those 2" sides had shrunk to 1 1/2" while I wasn't looking!

Final proof that I'm loosing my marbles came a couple of hours ago when I pressed the wrong button on my coffee machine and used hot water to make an iced cappuccino.  Aaaaggghhh.

If you're looking for the giveaway, it's here.

16 comments:

  1. We all have days like that! Shopping is a good cure. :-))) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops! I know that feeling. It's just not your week is it? I agree- retail therapy would be good or maybe lunch out with friends?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sweetie, are you sure that was coffee in your coffee pot?? lol Sometimes ... just walk away, honey, just walk away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me give you a big hug...we all have days like that..and believe me...it'll be better soon :-)...and shopping is always a good solution!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know how you keep saying to me "the Universe has ways of telling you to slow down" ...

    ummm, perhaps She's trying to tell you something :}

    Perhaps it is something like "you need another holiday", shame that lovely train trip only runs once a year.

    sending virtual hugs ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooops! Shopping would be good, but can you really be trusted with such a serious activity right now! LOL I think another holiday, and a little rest is in order :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Step away from the sewing machine. Easy to say, hard to do. You're figuing out what you did wrong, isn't that a good sign?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I walk away when that happens to me. I would be so cross and grrrrrrr mad! Try again next time.
    Hugs
    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Time to back away and get into trouble elsewhere! I hope tomorrow is a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Argh it's such a pain when that happens! Good luck with the next project. Have a rest and a coffee before you embark though :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. No worries. Just re-do the hexie tube( which is faster ) . Looking forward to see the completed project! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  12. a one of those days!!!! what are you gonna do with the "wrong" blocks???? maybe a yummy bag or a lush scarf huh!!!! i am gonna use my the buttons for stockings bunting and tree decorations!! can't wait to get the other projects finished!! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You too... I have been like this all week. I am blaming it on the full moon. Estoy loca...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please step away from the sewing machine before you either do yourself some damage or burn the house down. I think it might just be safer if you have a lie down in a dark room.

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bless your heart! I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. maybe you need another holiday?

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10